Thursday, June 5, 2008

Coming Home!!!









On Wednesday, June 4th, 2008, I was released from St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, MO. I was sooooooo ready to come home, that I woke up early, took a shower, cleaned everything up, put on make-up and fixed my hair (shocker, I know!!!----sorry for the scary photos previously), and twiddled my thumbs until it was time to go!!! I finally got my pick line out (which had been in my arm since May 20th) and signed all my release paperwork, had prescriptions in hand, ready to leave the hospital......and they couldn't find the cart (which had been ordered an hour before) to help carry stuff down!! I'm telling you, by this point, I had ants in my pants and was pacing the room. So, being the typical Joey that I am, I just started picking up stuff and carrying it downstairs. I wanted to get home!!! :) Joey 2 kept saying I was crazy and I needed to let him carry everything. He said, "It's just not right....you were in here on your death bed two weeks ago, and now you're carrying your own stuff down the hallway to leave. This is wrong!" Well, I thought that was such a great plan, but after one trip, I was totally pooped, so I waited downstairs outside for Joey to go get the rest of it. In the meantime, the man with the cart (let's call him "Cart Guy") was out of breath next to me declaring he "found the missing cart that someone else had taken by mistake". He also had the rest of the stuff from the room on the cart, so I text Joey and told him to not make that trek up to the 6th floor. He didn't get the text and saw an empty room when he got up there, so I'm sure he panicked a bit, but you never would've known it! Anyway, we hit the road at about 11:45, stopped for lunch and lots of potty and stretching breaks along the way, and I got to see some of my favorite people on this planet when I got home!!! It's great to be back!! :)
My scripture for yesterday was:
Philippians 4:4-7~ (NKJV)
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
(Other than getting very antsy and in a hurry to leave the hospital, I did pretty well with these verses.) :)