Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Almost a Week Later---June 10th, 2008

Well, I have been home almost a week, and it feels sooooo good to be here!!! I have been enjoying time with Blake and Brooke, relaxing, and getting my sleep patterns back to normal (noone here pokes and prods me fifteen times a night, so I'm not used to it...ha!). It has been a wonderful time visiting with family, getting caught up with friends (old and new), and just enjoying life. There are so many people that just keep doing random acts of kindness for us. Just when I think it can't be anymore, someone shows up with food, flowers, an e-mail, kind words, running errands for me, cleaning my house, yard, and pool, etc. It's just amazing!! I hope I can return the favors someday!!

Several people have asked if I'm going to keep up the blog. At this time, I have to say I don't think so, but that could change, and I'll let you know if it does. It was a WONDERFUL tool to keep everyone informed, and it was the highlight of my day to be able to post and let everyone know what was going on while I was away. However, I started typing up my whole ordeal from beginning to end, and that is going to take some time. So......if I try to do both, I'll be overwhelmed, and we all know my new motto....take it easy, and don't overload~ha! :) I will let everyone know when my saga is all in print, and for those of you bored or curious enough, you can read it at your leisure. :) I am also really wanting to check into how to start the foundation I was talking about before I go back to work. I have several good leads, and from everything I've heard from others, I'm not alone in believing human touch is one of the the best healers of all. So, I'm anxious about that!!

Please feel free to e-mail me, call or come by. I'm getting more and more strength every day, and if I take it easy, I can handle more and more each day. If I can't, I'll just tell you I'm pooped. Ha! :)

Thank you to each of you who have made a difference in my life!!
Joey :)
P.S. This is on my perpetual calendar for today (not a coincidence, I know), so I'm going to use it in place of my scripture:
" Live for today but hold your hands open to tomorrow. Anticipate the future and its changes with joy. There is a seed of God's love in every event, every circumstance, every unpleasant situation in which you may find yourself."
~Barbara Johnson