Saturday, May 31, 2008

Visitor from Way Back!




Jill Forga (a friend of mine since 3rd grade) got in around 7:30 Friday evening and we stayed up and giggled and talked til past 11:00. Of course, we would've been in bed early like good girls, but there was ANOTHER storm in St. Louis last night, and it lightninged, thundered, rained, and hailed quite a bit. The power went out, but luckily, there were no middle-of-the-night treks to the hallway....thank goodness!!! Just don't think many of us in ICU step-down really care to "bare it all" for the cause, anymore than we have to!! :) Anyway, it's been a GREAT visit, and she has been a blessing to me!! I got to walk to the elevator, ride downstairs, pick up food in the cafeteria, eat lunch downstairs, and get a break from the room. Yippee!! I'm so glad Jilly was here to help me through that! I kept saying, "It feels like everyone is staring at me." She just smiled and said, "That's because you look pretty!" Okay, for those of you who know Jill (or should I say Christy Brinkley's twin), that meant alot! But, I do have to tell you, she was just being sweet. You see, at that moment, I had a green hue about me, I was struggling to see with these glasses, I had on my fuzzy BRIGHT PINK robe I referenced earlier (which we have strategically tied my foley (catheter) bag into to hide it, and I was lookng around the room like a kid lost in NYC! I was a sight to behold, I'm SURE!! Here are some pics. of us later in the day...I promise I DO get out of this bed, but I'm learning "baby steps", so I rest when I need to.....