Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good morning, good morning, good morning, it's time to rise and shine!!!! Now, how many of you secretly wanted me singing that to you at 5:30 this morning when I was getting round 945,000 of antibiotics, IV fluids, pills, blood drawn, temperature and blood pressure taken, and being stuck with a needle?!?!? Well......good thing they keep me kinda tied up and busy with all all that, or I would have---because I KNOW how all my friends and family enjoy that wonderful song at the crack of smack! Ha! No, really, nights still seem to be my roughest times. I usually get a really bad headache followed by a fever, then yucky sweats.....nothing like laying in a bed that is not my own, miles from home, drenched in wet, just praying I could flit right back to Rogers and be in my own bed. (I'd still hate the night sweats, but they might be more bearable there~teehee!)

It's 8:50 a.m. now, and I've had my breakfast (yes, I can eat much better now, thank God in Heaven above!) The mouth ulcers (I think I counted like 40 in my mouth, and there were more down my throat) and the thrush (from all the yeast in my body) are really clearing up. I LOVE food, as you all well know, so it's been a treat to eat. I took care of business (I know, TMI, but they get really excited about that around here, so I feel compelled to share my accomplishment!), and am sitting in a chair waiting for Physical Therapy. Yippee!!!! CAN'T WAIT for these legs and body to do what I've always taken for granted before....walk, sit, stand, move, kick, etc....properly. It's a strange sensation to lose that ability, and I'm up for the challenge to get back to 100%!

After PT, I'm TAKING A SHOWER!!!!!!! Oh, just the word makes me so Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! Running water over my hair and back (of course I'm sitting on a stoool in the shower but, hey, no biggy). I jst pretend I'm in one of those commercials for Hawaii where they're under the waterfall. I can actually convince myself I'm there! Amazing! I'm SURE it has nothing to do with the morphine! TeeHee! :)

The highlight of my day today is at 12:30.......I GET TO HAVE A MASSAGE!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Mom, Dad, Greg, Andrea, and Joey spoiled me by rubbing my weary and knotty muscles when they were all here, but now I've started cramping up again, so I get to have one. Guess my pouty face worked. :) The Dr. said, "Now I can order it, but you'll have to pay for it." I was like, "No problem. I'll give my fat right thigh for it," He giggled! And in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "I'm in an awesome hospital that is somewhere between $40 and $50 thousand dollars a day, and he's worried about me paying for a massage?!?" I have to admit, I had my own little giggle- to-self on that one!!! :) Speaking of massages, I have been thinking about this since I was @ St. Mary's in Rogers. I really am impressed with medicine and what it can do to save your life, but the touch of the human hand is worth sooooooo much more! So, I've come up with a little plan I'd like to start, a foundation of sorts. I'll tell more about it later, but the name is going to be, "Healing Hands of Mercy Massage", and the mission statement is going to be, "Medicine is wonderful for saving people's lives, but it takes the touch of the human hand to heal." After you hear my whole story (and I'll get to it in bits and pieces, I promise), you will understand what I mean........and I just KNOW you will want to make a tax-deductible donation to our charitable cause. :) I just don't ever quit thinking, do I?!?!!? Well, that's just me, so like it or leave it! :) Sorry, I'm getting a little sassy.....2 1/2 weeks of being sick kinda does that to ya! :)

My sweet momma, Donna Vantine, has been here nearly the whole time. She ran (well, rode, home with Jennifer Little) on Sat. with my Dad, and and came back Sunday with Amy Wolfe. She has been in the room with me, trying to get caught up on sleep, and spoiling me rotten----I know you can't even imagine that!! :) She gave me an hour-long foot rub/massage last night, and it was heavenly! She may be returning with my Dad to Rogers today or Friday so she can help with Blake and Brooke over the weekend, so please keep them and safe travels in your prayers. They are both exhausted!!! I would also like to thank my mom; my dad, Joey Vantine; my brother, Greg Vantine; Andrea Fair, and Joey Gall for being in Rogers and St. Louis with me during the worst part of my journey. They each contributed a crucial role in my recovery, and I couldn't have asked for a better team on my side. They knew what to say, when to be quiet, when to hold my hand, when to enourage, when to fight for me when I was too weak, when to let me cry, when to pray, and when to be still. God put each of them with me for a specific purpose, and to all of them I say "Thank You, and I am eternally grateful". I owe each them my life in one way or another. I wouldn't have made it without God and them....of that, I'm sure.

I'm going to close with a scripture a dear friend sent in an e-mail. It has helped me each and every day. I hope it helps you now or in a time of need as well....believe me, we never know what tomorrow holds, so enjoy each and every moment you are given....and that's an order!!!! :)

Deut. 31:8 "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you.He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged."

Have a great day!
Until later, much love~
Joey :)