Friday, May 30, 2008

My Kids- Blake and Brooke
















As I finished up the last post, I looked up at the pictures that have kept me going the past week....those of my precious kiddos, Blake and Brooke!!! :) I have been able to talk to them off and on the past week and a half, but it is not the same as having them with me!!! I have been so busy rambling about me and all that's going on in my "neck of the woods", that I have failed to talk about them and what a blessing they are in my life!!! B&B both helped me decorate my new room last Saturday, so everywhere I look, I catch a glimpse of them! They had to wear masks, and I was on oxygen, so I know they must have been petrified, but they are such strong kids!!! i am counting down the minutes to see them, hug them, kiss them, and hold them (I know, guys, sorry...but it's true....you'll always be my "babies"!). They are staying with Mom and Dad this weekend, so I know they will have tons of fun! They have also gotten to see their Nana and Papa from Florida and their Aunt Betty and Uncle Paul this week, so that's been a special treat! I want to personally thank their Dad, Doug Huston, and his wife, Sharee, for making a VERY long drive in the rain to bring Blake and Brooke to see me last weekend!!! I didn't get to see Brianna, (their baby sister), but I heard she was quite entertaining in the waiting room. :) I truly believe seeing B&B shortened my recovery by at least a week or two!!! They are so full of life and so loving..I thank God everyday for them (now more than ever)! I also want to thank everyone who checked on them and talked with them (counselors and teachers at school), and everyone who picked them up, took them to school, let them spend the night, and made them feel at home. I can't express enough thank yous for that!!!! Here are a few pictures that happened to be on my camera when I looked at it yesterday. They were from Tuesday, May 13th, at Brooke's Orchestra Concert where she played violin and her dad played guitar for one song. Ironically enough, that's the afternoon I was first sick, and that night was the first of many incessant coughing nights ahead. But, I look how happy we all are, and I have to believe we'll have many happy days ahead!!!! Blake and Brooke, your momma loves you.....up and down, and all around the town. I love you backward and forward, and inside out!!! :)